Sakthi Cumin Powder is a spice made from the seeds of the Cuminum cyminum plant. Many dishes use cumin, especially foods from its native regions of the Mediterranean and Southwest Asia. Cumin lends its distinctive flavor to chili, tamales, and various Indian curries. Its flavor has been described as earthy, nutty, spicy, and warm.
The cumin plant is small, slender, and herbaceous with finely dissected leaves. The flowers are borne in characteristic flat-topped umbel clusters and are white or rose-colored. The cumin, or comino, “seeds” are actually dry fruits known as schizocarps.
- Promotes Digestion.
- Is a Rich Source of Iron.
- Contains Beneficial Plant Compounds.
- May Help With Diabetes.
- May Improve Blood Cholesterol.
- May Promote Weight Loss and Fat Reduction.
- May Prevent Food-Borne Illnesses.
- May Help With Drug Dependence.