1. Kalpasi or black stone flower is a species of lichen used as a spice in India. One of the ingredients in East Indian Bottle Masala, the spice is mostly used in dishes like nahari, Bombay biryani, Goan meat stews.
2. What is kalpasi?
- A good pain reliever it helps heal wounds.
- It helps treat skin problems and reduces inflammation.
- It has antibacterial activity and is effective against protozoans.
- It improves digestion and helps suppress respiratory disorders.
- It tones up the urinary tract and helps maintain body temperature.