VVD Gold Coconut Oil is a yellowish-white solid or semiliquid that melts at 23 °C (74 °F). Unlike most other oils obtained from plant or fish sources, coconut oil has only a low percentage of unsaturated fatty acids and is up to 90 percent saturated fat. It does not contain cholesterol.
What is special about coconut oil?
Coconut Oil Has a Unique Composition of Fatty Acids
But coconut oil is perhaps most unique for its high content of the saturated fat lauric acid, which makes up around 40% of its total fat content. This makes coconut oil highly resistant to oxidation at high heat.
- Contains medium-chain fatty acids.
- Has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties.
- May be helpful in the treatment of skin conditions.
- May protect hair from damage.
- May be helpful in the prevention of dental caries.